- Imagine we learn to read human brains down to the most intricate details.
- Imagine we learn to record, in detail, every action that occurs within the brain, every synapse firing, every cell interaction, every memory.
- Imagine if all of this data could then be stored on a computer and used to re-engineer a new, identical brain.
- Imagine this brain could then be put into a new body, thus creating a new version of us when we die.
- Imagine we knew for a fact that there was nothing after death.
- Imagine we live forever using this, or some other mind transfer technique.
- Imagine then we discover another civilisation on another planet, who is still too primitive to save minds, and who still believes that death is natural and essential.
- Imagine we then engineer a situation, for example we send swarms of microscopic probes to their planet to monitor, transmit via microscopic satellites, and then record their minds on our computers.
- Imagine we use this data to re-engineer the brains of these people back on our planet when they die.